2011-2012 Best Moments Part 3


Best Moment #7: Bohol-Cebu Tour

This tour was actually part of our Multimedia subject, a major subject of our also. Oh yes, third year college of Bachelor of Science in Technology and Communication Management is full of major subjects. Honestly, all of our subjects in this year level. I you just know how hard it is for a regular third year Communication student like me. Every sem, I am really loaded with subjects. Bitaw. Oh well, yes, we had our tour and I tell you, it is really amazing! I actually had a photoblog of it here and here.

There are things in this tour that I found extra-exciting (I want to stress the word “extra” because all things there were all exciting), the things which I called “first times”. Oh well, I’m not embarrassed because it’s really true. All of our close descendants just came from Mindanao and it could just be travelled with buses and jeepneys. I have relatives in Manila, Leyte, Bohol and others but we’re not that close that we, perhaps, missed to call each other as relatives. Hehe. And well, I know you already see the catch. Yeah, it’s my first time to go to pier and I find it so wow! It’s my first time to ride in a big, big ship! It’s my first time to bring ship tickets, sleep in a tourist, climb in a so-called “economy” and appreciate the wide blue sea. It’s my first time also to ride in a fast sea craft all the way to the near island. Yeah, first times is so great! Heehe, wala’y kanchawa bi. Kamu kay datu man mo. Haaha. Kidding.

In Bohol, we visited Island City Mall, Bohol Bee Farm, Dauis Church, Blood Compact Monument, Ramasola Studio, Floating Resto in Loboc River Cruise (the restaurant that was placed in a boat and goes through the river, the diners will also be serenaded with classic songs), Busay Falls, The Showbiz Nocturnal (Tarsiers watching), Chocolate Hills and Baclayon Church. We then stayed at the Bohol Plaza Hotel and Resort in Dayo (my surname, haaha!) Hills, Panglao Island, Bohol. I found out that Bohol is really a conservative place when it comes to their culture and they mean to preserve it. They got the first spot in Tourism.

We then cross Cebu via fast seacraft. Heehe. I slept for minutes. I then said hello to advanced city of Cebu! There, I saw gigantic buildings, busy traffic and beautiful and handsome people! (Daghan Korean and Chinese)

In Cebu, we visited DYLA news radio station, ABC5/TV5 Cebu, Mactan Shrine, Ayala Center, Basilica Minore the Sto. Nino, Taoist Temple, President Osmena’a Ancestral Home, ASAP, SM City Cebu, Ding Qua Qua Resto and Sunstar. We then had our stay at Crown Regency Residences. There in Cebu, I aslo had the chance to view Marco Hotel, Waterfront Hotel (which is a five-star hotel, wow!), Metro Gaisano and Cebu Technological University. Metro Cebu is the oldest city in the Philippines. It is a fast-growing city. O yes! Fast-growing, bit higher compared to CDO. Huuhu. They are, actually, second to Metro Manila and also undergoing transitions from being an Agricultural county to Industrial one.








I considered this tour as one of my memorable experiences. I learned and knew a lot of things which I referred as new to me. Honestly, at first, we felt disappointed because our tour was supposedly planned for Manila, in order for us to visit the Philippine Congress, however, the University President did not allow it. But, Bohol-Cebu tour actually removed our disappointments away. Perhaps in the future, we could have the opportunity to visit the Congress and Metro Manila and I’m sure, it would be another experience that is worth-remembering and worth-sharing for. Love, love, love!


P.S. I also want to thank Ma’am Anj for this tour, Sir Jake for the camera and Ma’am Maris for taking care of me. Teehee.



Best Moment #8: MUST Days 2012

MUST Days is a three-day event to celebrate or commemorate the founding anniversary of MUST and its transition from being MPSC to MUST. In this year, the theme was “Eco-friendly MUST”. It was for the celebration that MUST is the only clean and dark green university in the whole Mindanao.

As usual, I was assigned to major activities, the opening program and the MUST Next Top Model 2012 where I was a bit anxious because my bet didn’t win. Haahay. Oh well, again, as a member of the press, I covered events and took details. I also enjoyed visiting various booths and eat proven and siomai and drink buko juice. Heehe, buchog. Wagas!

We also distributed the Reflections literary folio with the theme “Retrospect” and the “Fall Short” magazine, together with other old issues. Katong wala pa nagkuha, please get your copies of the Reflections 2012 “Retrospect”, “Fall Short” Thew Trailblazer magazine and also the second sem magazine, now on release, the “Au Courant”. Oh well, get your copy because you’re paying 50.00Php for it every semester, so 100.00Php per year. Dako na uy. Hihi, Di kay, permi lang mo reklamo sa bayranon. Hiihi, joke rah. Dili mag-strong, pero tinuod gud. Haaha, bitaw. Anyway, you can also get a copy of “Hot off the Press” magazine (2nd semester, 2010) and the “MUST: The Flourishing University” magazine (1st semester, 2010); these are still available. For literary folio, Reflections 2011, “Dreams and Nightmares” and Reflections 2012, “Retrospect” are also still available. Para pud ma-luag-luagan among office uy. Haaha. Kidd.

Daghan ka’yo ko advertisements uuuy. Haaha, pasaylua. Anyhoos, MUST Days 2012 was really, somehow, full of fun, fun, fun! (:





Best Moment #9: Sibya: The First Northern Mindanao Student Communicators Congress

 
The first ever congress for all Communication majors and student publication members in Northern Mindanao was held last February 17, 2012 at SM Cinema 2 theatre. I actually blogged it here.

This time, I joined the BS-TCM family of mine because I was one of those selected 30 students from BSTCM and I was also impart the MUST team to represent our school in Public Service Announcement Production where we grabbed the third place. Yes! I almost shouted my heart out and watched my teammates climbed the stage. Just then I realized that I should also go there! Haaha. Since, I was sitting with my Trailmates in the top left wing (becasuse I climbed there in the middle of the discussion, Ma’am Maris treated us snacks. Hihi. Traydor.), I need to go down and take more than twenty steps to the stage and haler! Fool me! Sa likod ko sa stage giagi, gitagbo nalang ko sa’ko mga kauban and gitunulan ko ug medal. What the! My Trailmates were almost breaking their throat for laughing bso hard at me when I climbed back at our seat. Haaha, foooine. Kakahiya. I will not mention about this again. Err. *Tickled pink*

Honestly, it would be so nice if we won the first place but it is so hard becase, you know, whole Northern Mindanao! And various participating schools are there. So, it was really lucky for us and we even celebrated as if we were the champion. One of our teammates treated us a double family-sized Calda Pizza that we do not know if we could eat all of the slices with just seven of us. Haaha. Tungod lagi sa pramisss!

Anyways, “bigatin” speakers were present in the congress namely Maria Ressa, a multi-awarded journalist, former Jakarta bureau chief of CNN and former CEO of ABS-CBN Channel 2; Patricia Evangelista, writer, debater, Philippine Daily Inquirer columnist, storyline ANC producer; Chay Hofilena, Ethics of ABS-CBN; and Michael Josh Villanueva, head of digital media and YouScoop of GMA7.






Sibya” is Bisayan word which means “to broadcast”. The theme was “Social Media for Social Change”. The topics discussed were The Power of Social Media, The Reason We Tell Stories, How Stories are Told through Social Media and Ethics and Responsibility in the Use of Social Media. The Crusader Publication and Development Communication Department of Xavier University organized this event.



P.S. Special thanks to Ma’am Angela and my Public Service Announcement Production (PSA) Teammates. Also to Bachelor of Science in Technology and Communication Management (BSTCM) Department, State University Technology Communication Management Society (SUTCMS), Ma’am Maris and The Trailblazer Publication.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment