I am

I am so thankful to my Intercultural Communication (ICC) instructor for inspiring me to write this poem entitled "I am". This poem gives my heartfelt gratitude to those entities, who in one way or another, molded me and inspired me to adopt those behaviors that defines me on what and who I really am. To my readers, go through the poem, understand the deep meaning behind every single word and i hope, each thought will transcend into your hearts. Read, relate and reflect.


I am from Jasaan where people have sharp minds
I am from Misamis Oriental where Orientals want to preserve their culture
I am from Cagayan de oro City where hearts worth beyond gold
I am from Mindanao, I am from Philippines, I am a Filipino

I am from my mother whose courage never fails
I am from my father whose mind is so open
I am from my mama whose faith is so strong
I am from my lolo and lola whose love can't be vanished by time

I am from MUST where students value their university
I am from CAS where artists and scientists are born
I am from BSTCM where learners are versatile
I am from The Trailblazer Publication which blazes the trail for others to follow

I am from my books where learning is permanent
I am from my favorite color where all I want to see are shades of pink
I am from those yellow roses which means sincerety
I am from my Facebook and Twitter where friends are all connected

I am from my blogs where I am a blogger who wants to express, not to impress
I am from my pen where the passion to write never ceases
I am from my seniors who view pressure as constructive
I am from my editor who inspires me to be like him

I am Irene, I am Joy
and this poem defines me

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment