The Irene

I am Irene Joy. I am born at the dawn of July 13, 1993, Tuesday. I live at the heart of Misamis Oriental, Philippines. I love blogging about things I like, the lessons I learned and about the life I live. I am a totally dependent daughter to my parents, a friend to my friends and a good person to the people who are true to me.

I am taking up Technology Communication Management of Mindanao University of Science and Technology here at the City of Cagayan de Oro. I am at my senior year now and is hopefully looking forward to march the aisle to get my diploma. I want to be a good communicator someday, a Developmental Communicator, specifically. I want to address the problems and concerns of the people who are less fortunate to those who are in power, through my skills and talent. And hopefully, someday, I would be able to do that one.

I am a family-oriented person. I am a only daughter to our fam. I mostly depend my decisions to them especially the critical ones. However, sometimes, they want me to be self-reliant, that is why I learned to think deeper and be responsible in everything I do. I grow up alone and no siblings at all so I understand them in that part. I usually having a hard time with decision-making because I learned to weigh both sides and think about the possible consequences in each decision that I could make. My parents are sometimes very harsh when they lay lessons which I must learn. I often say that what they are doing are already too much, and I may give up my dreams for them but that I know in my heart isn’t true because I am striving good and enough for them, my schooling is for them, my hardwork is for them, my dreams are for them and my future is their future too. I sometimes cry and weep but at the end of the day I know that those things are just lessons for me to learn and its for my sake, only for my sake. I thank God for giving them to me and I thank them for staying around. Because of them, I learned not to be a spoiled only-daughter but a person coiled with values. I love them so much.

I am a writer since I was an elementary grader and I learned to write various articles and literary pieces. Being a a student-writer is a career that I can say a unique thing of me and something that I could be proud of. I could express myself and find the real person in me. Now, I am an editor to our university student publication and I don’t know how I became one. I simply write to express not to impress.

Four years ago, I learned something where I could express myself, other than being a writer, of course. I love being a blogger. I tried websites to websites until I found this one and I considered Blogger as my home. I blog things that catches my eyes and all the matters that interest me and nothing else. For now, I welcome you to this space. You will know me more in my blog posts because my story continues here and I am hoping to see the once ‘once upon a time’ would have its ‘happily ever after’ ending in here.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment