Busy May; Trail’s Team Building Activity

It is sooo disgusting that it has been a long time that I posted blog posts here. Uh, makalagot. It’s just that I’ve been so busy with the whole month of May and honestly, until now. Perhaps, I should share tidbits of my adventures here.

The first activity I had with the Trail staff 2012-2013 was our Team Building Activity. It was really awesome. We held it at Covadonga Center of Spirituality and Culture at Aluba, Macasandig, Cagayan de Oro City. The place is so nice. It really looked like a hotel. Actually, it is a retreat house and at the same time, a place where cultural activities could be held.

We stayed there for one day and one night, May 18-19. At the first day, we conducted a seminar with two different speakers. They are superb. I won’t state their name; I’m afraid they will get angry of me. Kidd. By 6pm to 10pm, we discussed on our Constitution By-laws page by page. I think it’s a great idea discussing on it because we really need a very substantial review on our CBL in order to avoid crisscrossing on our own laws. At night, while my other colleagues were soundly sleeping (or perhaps, trying to sleep), I, together with my Managing Editor in Finance, secretly planned on tomorrows activities. We really took a hard time planning because actually, were so sleepy at that time. However, ironic it may seems, I slept by 2am. Uuurgh; sooo.. hmmp.

By dawn the next day (actually the time was 4am), we woke up (I don’t know if “woke up” is the right term because I don’t think what I’d done before was a real “sleep”), took a bath with all the talking with the other person at the next cubicle. Heehe. We’re so excited on what would be the outcome on this activity. I actually felt a little nervous because that was an activity, first activity that would be spearheaded by me as an EIC. Scaaarrrry.

We went down by 5am to take our breakfast. I am so confident that all were ready just to find out that the boys are not yet prepared. Ahai. They’re still on their bed shirts and shorts with sleepyheads and wala pa jud kaligo intawon. Hahai. They told us that they’d slept late practicing on the This-is-a-what game. Hehe, this game is an intelligence and speed-testing game. Actually, it’s fun. I won’t mind explaining it to you because the rules were so difficult to understand. It will just make your head go in circles.

So, while waiting for them (I was nearly angry this time. Patience rot. :D), we proceeded to the rooftop and set all the needed props. Afterwards, when all were geared up, we conducted different games. There are two teams: Team Dadto and Team Wako-wako. (Owwwdiva? Unique kau mga names. Pinaawat-awat samu last year. Haaha, joke,). Of course, these games have purposes; to promote teamwork, camaraderie, intelligence, patience, time element management and to enhance team management and leadership. These games were called as Cheer leading, This-is-what- game, Newspaper pass, Polygon game and Spider web. There were other two or three that I just failed to remember. Sorry. :D

The activity was really full of fun; laughing here and there. Actually, it took all of the time allotted to it. At 11am, we carried out the activity evaluation and continued the discussion on the CBL and afterwards, the Awarding Ceremony; Team Dadto won and the Mr. And Miss TBA were in the names of Jay Miguel Alacha (Jay) and Quennie Quidet (Q-Q), respectively. Pakpak! :D

By 11:30am, we ate our lunch and prepared to leave. And of course, we didn’t fail to take pictures. Heehe, my forte.



The keys. The O is for the girls and Q is for the boys. Heehehe.


The Black and White Runway 2. :D

How I wish I could be a pro photographer and photojournalist.


After the seminar with our suuuuperb speakers.

Mga kabuang sa Room O.

The participants doing the Spider Web game.

The winners of the Polygon Game.

Another wise plan. (:

The winners: Team Dadto and the Mr. and Miss TBA 2012.

Our certificates. Chairpersons with Ma'am.

Mataas pa ang ating pagdadaanan, Trail. 0.0

The Team. (Bulletin board kau ug term. Heehe.)


Afterwards, we started to leave. We rode motorcab to divisoria. I thought we will just go home directly. Well, it’s so very nice that Ma’am Maris, our moderator, told us to stop by Mcdo. Heehe, iya mi’ng i-treat; ana rah. Katong nag-una-una ug uli, well, sorry. :D

We were so full already that we failed to eat all the foods. Kasayang ato, kung dili lang jud ulaw mag-bitbit ug selopin. Haaahaaaha. Kidding.




A treat from Ma'am Maris after the Team Building Activity 2012. Sana palaging ganito. :D


The Team Building Activity is just a small activity but it would be a good start to begin for this year. We still have a long run to go which means more pain, more struggles and more unexpected events to come that may surprise this organization but I hope at the end of this year, all the mean struggles will turn out into a productive end, a worthwhile end that would also be a good start for a new year of the publication. After all, I believe all the challenges we are having are just of one purpose: to strengthen the publication which serves one purpose: to strengthen the studentry and the university it serves.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment