Let It Go


I’ve been anxious these days because my classmate had lost something that really matters to me: my pink fan. You know, it’s like our room is at times really warm because even though there are electric fans or air conditioners, many people are in the room that’s why the coolness cannot accommodate our number. Hence, it’s so hot! And it makes me uncomfortable and it reminds me of that little property of mine. It’s not that I am so overly sentimental but that little thing worth more than thirty pesos and the worse, I even sacrifice my afternoon snack just to buy that one. Aside from that, the content of my bag looks awkward without it. I really still can imagine its fuchsia pink color and the sound it produce when I flip it. Grr.

Perhaps, I’m too overreacting about that material and then what? So be it. You know, I am a kind of person who really value even the teeny-tiniest thing I owned. You cannot just earn money by walking along the road; it’s from the sweat and blood of our dear parents and of ours too. For me, every peso counts. I even confront the person who borrowed it (over lang) but he just gave me reasons I forecast as lies. Wadahell. It’s really tormenting when you value a thing so much and others treated it just like a scrap. Sometimes, when I am in a situation like this, when I lost a property which is supposed to be mine and it was lost because I intend to give consideration to other people who wants it too, all I can do is to cry, forgive and sometimes, forget. In life, sacrifice is sometimes the only solution, thoug anyone cannot deny the fact that on the opposite side, it really hurts as hell. Nevertheless, you should let go, we should let go and yes, I should let go. Concrete wise, we could be so angry, devastated and sometimes, go mad. It would took weeks, months or years or God-knows-how-long to move on but that is the part of it.

I’ve been through a lot of sacrifices and it was never been easy. I once sacrificed for my family, for a friend and for a significant other who was in need. Sometimes the thing you’re sacrificing is something that you need also. Perhaps, you’re sacrificing a part of your future, your life, your happiness or your love. And you may agree or not, to sacrifice is to let go. It’s like opening your hands to let the butterfly go and at times, that butterfly could be opportunity, chance, happiness, relationship or a person you learned to love and value. At times, it could be a treasure gained once in a lifetime.

I can’t give a concrete advice for this but the only thing that I could say is that life is short and we just have to live it to the fullest. The purpose is simply to live lief the way it should be lived. We don’t have to deal with things or people who left us but instead, to those who stay with us at the end of the race. After all, if one intend to stay, no matter what he should stay. Sabi nga, Wala’y mabyaan kung wala’y magpabiya, wala’y mubiya kung dili gusto mubiya. Whether the statement satisfies you or not, it only teaches us one thing: the situation is in our hands and the result depends greatly on the decision we make because one thing is sure, we are the own drivers of our own lives. And in this situation of mine, I chose to let go. Relate-relate lang yan. :D

Before saying Sayonara, I just want to borrow a statement from one of my favorite bloggers, Ms. Repudiate Sarcasm. And here it is:



Ano ba ang ginagawa sa mga bagay na nawawala?
Hinahanap.
Eh, ano naman ang ginagawa sa mga bagay na hindi mo na talaga mahanap?
Pinapalitan.


As the same, I gonna let that pink fan of mine go and be a good use to its new owner. I, on the other hand, will buy a new one. Daghan man barato sa Cogon or sa Plaza Divisoria na night cafe. So, yeko ar. Heehe.

Be wise, be practical, be you. Ajah!

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment